Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Ultimate Battery Operated Car

Topic: Cars

The car above is the new Tesla Roadster. It's an all electric (no gasoline engine) vehicle that has a 200 mile range between re-charge. Go to Jay Leno's Garage for the info and video about the Tesla. I went by their headquarters in San Carlos, CA and fortunately there was one in the parking lot. Elon Musk in the video says it has little in common with the Lotus Elise, but I'm highly skeptical since I saw it up close. The main drawback is that it's real low and the seats are practically on the floor of the car. You'd better practice your yoga if your planning on buying one of these. At a price tag of $110k, they should provide you with your own guru. What I like about this is that, with the Ford Escape Hybrid, you'll not only be very green but you'll be the only kid on your block with these cars. I know what you're thinking, but I'm not a real environmentalist, more of a gadget freak. Or am I both?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home